Class JM - Year 4
Staff in Year 4 are Mr. Morison and Mrs. Wood.
Mrs. Tollerfield will teach Year 4 on Monday morning and Mrs. Hall on Wednesday afternoon.
For the second half of the Spring Term, our topic will be based on Roman life. Children will be learning about many aspects of Roman life including how roads were built, being a child in Roman times and Roman artefacts. The homework project will allow children to choose a variety of activities and complete one per week. We are also visiting the Roman Baths, in Bath, to experience real life Roman architecture and artefacts.
- P.E will be on Wednesday morning, after break time. This half term will focus on invasion game skills through netball. Please ensure children have PE kit in school every week (white t-shirt, dark shorts, socks and trainers or football boots depending on the activity and weather).
- Each week, the class go down to Far Field on Friday afternoon to do some outdoor education. They wear their school uniform as normal in the morning but bring some suitable clothes to change into for outdoor activities. They must have a waterproof jacket and they will need wellington boots.
- Homework will be given out every week on a Friday. It is usually a piece of Maths and Literacy but I often give out a project to do which will have a longer time period (over a half-term). I will explain to the class what they have to do in the homework. It should be handed in on Wednesday morning.
- Frogs (times table practice) will be on Friday. The children will be given their sheets so that they can see if they made mistakes, to learn and improve for the next week.
- Please encourage your child to read at home everyday. It is useful if you can sign the home/school book either if they have read to you or if they have done some reading themselves. I also encourage them to write in their home/school books, a sentence about the book they are reading or the chapter they are on.