Class JM - Year 4
We have all settled into Year 4 really well and are busy with our topic ‘Take One Book’ (actually we have taken two!). We are reading Harry the Poisonous Centipede by Lynne Reid Banks and Oliver and the Seawigs by Phillip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre. Both books are adventure books and in our work in class, we will use the stories to help write our own.
Staff in Year 4 are Mr. Morison and Mrs. Wood.
Mrs. Tollerfield will teach Year 4 on Monday morning and Mrs. Hall on Thursday afternoon.
- P.E will be on Wednesday afternoon.
- Each week, the class go down to Far Field on Friday afternoon to do some outdoor education. They wear their school uniform as normal in the morning but bring some suitable clothes to change into for outdoor activities. They must have a waterproof jacket and they will need wellington boots.
- Homework will be given out every week on a Friday. It is usually a piece of Maths and Literacy but I often give out a project to do which will have a longer time period (over a half-term). I will explain to the class what they have to do in the homework. It should be handed in on Wednesday morning.
- Frogs (times table practice) will be on Friday. The children will be given their sheets so that they can see if they made mistakes, to learn and improve for the next week.
- Please encourage your child to read at home everyday. It is useful if you can sign the home/school book either if they have read to you or if they have done some reading themselves. I also encourage them to write in their home/school books, a sentence about the book they are reading or the chapter they are on.