Class JM - Year 6
Welcome to Year 6 (Eagles).
Here you will find information about current topics, important class routines and a glimpse of how we learn together.
Our topic for Autumn 2 is Our World, Let’s Celebrate. Children will base their learning on the fantastic ‘Kensuke’s Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo. Geography will be a major focus (rain forests) and another important test is Jungle Survival Handbook by Joe Green.
School begins at 8.45am and ends at 3.25pm. Homework this half term will be a project based (children can choose 6 out of the 9 activities on offer). They should aim to bring in one piece of homework per week. PE is on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and will cover Health & Exercise and Games (Netball and Basketball).
Two children will run Fruit Stall each week. They will be given £7 each on the Friday before, with the aim of making a profit by selling their wonderful fruit creations. All profit will be used for an end of year outing for the children.
Class JM e-safety rules
- Be careful not to open any suspicious emails
- Don't tell anyone your passwords or codes
- If anyone you don't know asks you to meet them, tell your parents
- Don't give any of your friends' details away, when online
- You're not supposed to have a facebook account until you're 14
- Set your computer to the highest safety setting, using parental controls
- Don't chat to strangers online