Sidmouth Learning Community
The new Parent Support Advisor and Early Help is Fiona Pyle. She works for the Sidmouth Learning Community supporting Branscombe, Sidbury and Newton Poppleford primary schools, and Sidmouth College.
The role is "to support you as parents/carers to get the very best from your school by providing support, advice and information. The aim is to help you with any worries you may have either at home or at school which may impact on your child’s education, behaviour or attendance."
A few examples of the sort of thing she may be able to help with include:-
- Providing direct and confidential support to you
- Offering support with your child’s behaviour
- Providing information/advice about school issues
- Providing opportunities to meet with other parents/carers
- Providing families with learning opportunities
- Providing access to parenting programmes
- Directing you to other services which may be of help
- Offering support when your child is moving school or class.
Fiona Pyle visits all schools as often as possible and is based at Sidmouth College. Her 'office hours' at Newton Poppleford Primary School are every other Thursday afternoon.
Please feel free to contact her, if there are any issues you wish to discuss.
01392 514823, ext. 234
Mobile: 07495 540415