The last School Matters of the school year has information from the Headteacher, Year 1, Word Millionaires and the PTFA. There are lots of photos from Porridge as well.
Devon and Cornwall police have asked us to pass on information about an app called "Monkey". There are some concerns over the nature of this app and how it might be used to exploit children. The Ineqe ‘online safety experts have been alerted to an extremely dangerous website and app called ‘Monkey’, which allows users to have video calls with strangers.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer break.
The newsletter has also been sent out by letters home, our email service.
If your child has Covid symptoms (high temperature, continuous cough, lack of taste/smell) and therefore requires a Covid test, you must take them for a PCR test which can be booked online. We are unable to accept the results of a lateral flow test carried out at home for a child who is displaying symptoms of Covid-19.We have gathered all Covid 19 information that is relevant to our school on our own Covid 19 Info page. Please check on the page from time to time to keep up to date.
- Generic consent form for trips
- Photograph and Media consent
Class Pages have been updated
Dinner Menus are available here.
- The Pupil Privacy Notice has been updated and can be found on the GDPR and privacy page.
- Information about Threadworm can be found on the What to do if your child is unwell section of the Parent's Page.
- The letter about Head Lice can be found in School Life-Healthy Zone.
- The information about Twilight and Breakfast Clubs has been updated here.
- Information about charges is available here.
- The Online Payment system has its own page of instructions which can be seen here.
- The majority of our letters are sent electronically via Letters Home - please pop into the school office and leave your email contact details if you are not currently receiving them.
For letters about specific class activities, class information and lots of photographs, please see your child's class page. These pages can be found by clicking on the School Life menu tab.
The Homepage calendar only shows the next two events in writing. Go to the Calendar page for more details.
For those starting school in Reception Class, Mrs Raffell has updated her class page with photos and videos especially for you and your parents.
Sid Valley School Uniform Bank and Food Bank
In the past we have donated uniform, including sweatshirts, left in the lost property cupboard to the Sid Valley Uniform Bank.
If any child has lost school uniform, please feel free to look through the lost property cupboard, located next to the shed on the playground to see if it is there.
If you have any school uniform no longer required, please consider donating it to the uniform bank. Drop off points are Radway Cinema, Hair Temple, Fulfords, The Dairy Shop and Sid Valley churches, (apart from St Francis). For the full list of items suitable to donate please see the Sidmouth Herald article via this link http://bit.ly/2xEzzHl
Food Bank:- If your family is struggling financially and would benefit from this then we can make referrals to local food banks. Please contact us via phone or email if you need this support.