Job Vacancies at Newton Poppleford
We are looking for two co-opted and one local authority governors to join our governing board and would love to attract individuals who have the skills and experience to contribute to the success of our school. We currently have enough parent governors, but grandparents and other community members would be welcome to get in touch, please spread the word!
Being a school governor is a challenging but hugely rewarding role where you can make a real difference to young people, give something back to your local community and use and develop your skills in a board level environment.
We would especially like to hear from you if you have:
- Experience of school governance
- Experience working in education
- Knowledge and understanding of SEND
- The ability to look at issues objectively
- The confidence to ask questions and join in debates
- A willingness to listen and make informed judgements
- The ability to work well with others
- Willingness to dedicate your time and undertake training.
We play an important part in raising school standards through our three key roles of setting strategic direction, ensuring accountability and monitoring and evaluating school performance. As a board, we actively engage with the school, to enable us to effectively provide support and challenge to the Headteacher and the leadership team.
Access to training and information to build on existing skills or to develop new ones will be available, as well as support from the Clerk and other members of the board. If you are interested in applying to be a Newton Poppleford School governor, please contact Nicola Dowsing email@example.com