Job Vacancies at Newton Poppleford
Newton Poppleford Primary School are looking for a caring Mealtime Play Assistant (MTPA) who can lead play, interact with the children and undertake the responsibility of supervising and ensuring the safety of the children at all times. You will be required to work for one and a half hours a day, Monday to Friday (days negotiable if more than one candidate wishes to share the role).
The main duties of the role are:
- To set up and lead play activities in the playground;
- To co-ordinate play for pupils;
- To assist with the well-being of pupils during lunchtime;
- To support the supervision of children during lunch and play, using your initiative to ensure caring quality provision is continuously made.
Experience of working with children is not essential, just the passion to help improve the life chances of children within a school environment whilst being prepared to work inside and outside in all weathers.
Newton Poppleford Primary is a caring school, who nurture the whole child; we pride ourselves on looking after one another, like a family. We look forward to welcoming the right candidate into our family community.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the school office on 01395 568300
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
This job is also to be found on the Devon jobs website
Newton Poppleford Primary School are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, dedicated and professional HLTA to take a lead role in providing interventions in Numeracy and Literacy to support pupils to ‘catch-up’
This will involve:
- Managing and delivering learning intervention support for different groups of student from Year 1 to Year 6. - Undertaking assessments of students to determine areas of need and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support learning. - Planning and delivering small group intervention sessions to support targeted groups of students. - Liaising with teaching staff to agree a timetable for managing intervention timetables. - Monitoring, evaluating and tracking the impact of interventions on student progress. Please complete the application form and send to email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure and requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English. Please email completed application forms to the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org or send by post to Mr S Vaughan, Headteacher, Newton Poppleford Primary School, School Lane, Newton Poppleford. EX10 0EL.
Please apply by 2pm on the closing date – Monday 2nd November.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.A DBS disclosure is required for these posts.